Sara's Wedding


So this past weekend was my little sister's wedding.  I had stressed out for weeks trying to write the perfect speech/toast and then about having to get up and give it in front of all of those people!  I finally had my speech written and had it somewhat memorized.  When the big moment finally arrived, I stood up, grabbed the microphone, said only about two words, and starting crying!  This was exactly what I was afraid of!  However, later in the evening I received numerous compliments on my speech so I'm thinking I must have actually done a good job :)  As scary as that moment was, I never want to forget it!  Here is my speech...

Hi.  I’m Katie, Sara’s older sister and her matron of honor.  Sara and Steve, before I say anything else, I want to say thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding.  I truly love you both!  In addition, I want to thank each and every one of you for being here today to celebrate this joyous occasion with us.
Sara, you truly look like a princess today…you are absolutely stunning!  And Steve, you clean up pretty well yourself.  Your wedding ceremony was a beautiful beginning to the rest of your lives together.  However, I am still finding it difficult to believe that my little sister is now a married woman!  I mean, I still remember the night that Sara was born.  She had to make a dramatic entrance back then too, arriving into the world 6 weeks early.  But then againthats Sara.  She has always had a bit of a flare for the dramatic.
Throughout the years, Sara and I have become best friends.  She has always been there for me when I needed her the most, whether I needed a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, a helping hand, or just someone to hang out and have fun with. Sara you truly are the best sister and friend I could have ever asked for, and it means the world to me that you have found true love and happiness.  
Steve, you are a brave man for willingly entering into our crazy family.  If I can give you just one piece of advice, it would be that whenever you are wrong, admit it, and whenever you are right, be quiet.  Always remember that a happy wife makes for a happy life!
Sara and Steve, without a doubt, you two were truly meant to be together, and I am so happy for you both.  You deserve all of the happiness in the world, and I am so glad that you found it in each other.
Now will you all raise your glasses with me in a toast…To Sara and Steve, as you sit side by side through this roller coaster of life, remember to scream from the peaks, hold hands through the dips, laugh through the loop-the-loops, and enjoy every twist and turn…For the ride is much better when you share it together. Congratulations and may you both live happily ever after!

Comments

Popular Posts